Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blago Admires Nixon

*

Friday, Dec. 19, 2008
In Blago's Defiance, Echoes of an Idol, Richard Nixon
By Eric Ferkenhoff / Chicago and Howard Chua-Eoan

Defiant or recklessly stubborn, Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on Friday vowed that he would not resign or temporarily step aside, saying he owed it to the voters of the state to remain in office despite polls showing some 80% want him out. "I will fight, I will fight, I will fight until I take my last breath," Blagojevich said to a packed news conference in Chicago's Loop. It was the first formal statement Blagojevich had made since being charged last week with trying to auction off President-Elect Barack Obama's Senate seat, among other alleged offenses...

Full article at :http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1868021,00.html

No comments: