Friday, January 9, 2009

Buffalo News: Paterson notes Kennedy's 'lack of elected experience'



"The notion that I have to take Caroline is not coming from me," Paterson said in an interview in his Capitol office with The Buffalo News. He said "gossip" has become a "greater force right now than my decision."

"[T]o the media, it's Caroline and the others. To me, it's there are 10 to 15 good candidates," said the governor [....]

"One thing that helps her is the tremendous attention that [the media gives] her works to her advantage. Maybe if [the media] didn't give her so much attention she wouldn't have it," Paterson said. He said certain people, such as Clinton, have an advantage "just because of who they are."

"So I would ask the question back, why [does the media] pay so much attention to her? She's just another person. So what? Her name is Kennedy? Why do you pay so much attention to her? I'm not reacting to what I think, I'm reacting to what I see," he said.

"But, on the other hand, her lack of elected experience does not help her, but the point is it's the combination of experiences I'll look at in terms of all the candidates, and also how balanced the ticket would look," Paterson added.


More on other candidates at the full story at:

No comments: